Motherland by Jo Tyabji
Produced in association with Milk Presents
We are looking for someone who can lead a strategic and engaged audience development plan for the tour of Jo Tyabji’s Motherland, particularly focusing on audiences from Asian diaspora and British Muslim communities.
Punching fascists in the face through the medium of drag, Motherland is a visceral full bodied dragged up queertastic howl of a show exploring nationalism, identity and our ability to speak out. It specifically looks at the rise in nationalism in India and the UK and the effect this has on the persecution and vilification of Muslims.
The show will tour to 7 venues across the UK in the Autumn and a further three TBC in March 2020:
Poole Lighthouse, 16th November
Malvern Cube, 17th November
Theatre Deli, Sheffield, 20th November
Nonsuch Theatre, Nottingham, 21st November
Arena Theatre, Wolverhampton, 22nd November
Camden People’s Theatre, London, 29th & 30th November
Colchester Arts Centre, 4th December
The Audience Development Officer will:
- Research relevant audiences in each location, identifying specific groups, people and places to deliver targeted marketing to
- Directly reach out to Asian diaspora and British Muslim communities, to attend the show and post-show discussion
- Lead on liaising with venues regarding their audience demographic and development
- Implement relevant social media and digital strategy to engage new audiences
- Lead on creating relevant and engaging content that can be used by the company and venues for promoting the show
- Implement relevant marketing strategy for the tour, and monitor success through out, feeding back to the producer regularly
- Collaborate with the artist and producer on new print design and relevant distribution
- Identify and reach out to key influencers and online media relevant to target audiences
Fee: £1500 (10 days)
Dates: September 2019 – March 2020
Location: This position is open to people based anywhere in the UK.
The Team: Artist: Jo Tyabji, Producer: Ruby Glaskin, Producing Assistant: Lee Smith
The set-Up: All members of the team work remotely with their own laptop, however the producing team do meet regularly in Brighton and London.
Application: Please send a CV and a short covering paragraph about why you would be interested in this role to email@example.com by 25th August 2019.